Immigration Consultant

Important Instructions

Individuals acting as immigration consultants must register with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection (Utah Code § 13-49-101). All documents and information submitted must be in the name of the individual registering as an immigration consultant and not in the name of a corporation, limited liability company, or other entity. Please carefully read these instructions, which are also available in Spanish, before contacting the Division.

A person may not engage in an activity of an immigration consultant for compensation unless the person is either exempt under Utah Code Ann. § 13-49-201 (1)(b) or registered with the Division under § 13-49-201(1)(a).