Utah - Life Elevated
Bottom of state seal Home Complaints Registrations Buyer Beware Consumer Information Contact Us

Professional Fund Raiser/Counsel/Consultant

Before any person or entity can act as a professional fund raiser or professional fund raising counsel or professional fund raising consultant, whether or not representing an exempt charitable organization, that person or entity must obtain a permit from the division as required by the Charitable Solicitations Act.


Frequently Asked Questions   (click question to view answer)

A: Yes as pursuant the Charitable Solicitations Act, 13-22-17.

A: The information requested is the financials for the fundraising company providing the service to the each charitable organization.

A: Yes, if that is the primary function of your business.

A: No, if it is your belief that your company is regularly and primarily engaged in trade or commerce other than in connection with the soliciting for charitable organizations or purposes, submit a letter to the division on your company letterhead and provide documentation that supports your claim; such as the percent ratio of the sales from fundraising activities compared to other sales.

A: The registered agent is a person or service corporation that accepts service or process on your behalf.


Registration Forms
Fund Raiser Permit Application
Fund Raiser Permit Instructions

Registered Fund Raisers

Statutes & Rules
Charitable Solicitation Act, Utah Code Ann. §13-22
Charitable Solicitation Act Rules, UT Admin Code R152-22

Please Note: You must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to download and view PDF documents.
Department of Commerce  |  About Us  |  Public Notices  |  Press Releases
consumerprotection@utah.gov  |  160 East 300 South   Salt Lake City, Utah 84111  |  Phone: 801-530-6601  |  Toll-Free: 1-800-721-SAFE  |  Fax: 801-530-6001
Utah.gov Home | Utah.gov Terms of Use | Utah.gov Privacy Policy | Utah.gov Accessibility Policy | Translate Utah.gov
Copyright © 2017 State of Utah - All rights reserved.